Sunday 14 July 2013

Once Upon a time in D. A. V.

"Nostalgia" : yes our whatsapp DAV group could rightly earn this epithet for the group name. When I received the invitation to join it, a few days back , a long suppressed yearning to re-live those freaking jolly mood of class rooms in dream corridors of D.A.V. ; surfaced immediately. Though as per the temper of the group , "Nostalgia" was replaced almost immediately with many upbeat ones ; starting from "DAV Gang" to the present "Pinchu ki Pathshala".
                    Years have passed ; so many drastic changes have occurred in every one's personal and professional lives. We are all scattered around different parts of not only India but the globe as well. Few among us are complaining about finding themselves in corporate purgatory with soul crushing tedium ; few find them condemned to the claustrophobia of family life , to suck it up ; few still don't give a damn to whatever goes on in life. I, though , at peace with my present job which is turning out to be more and more a sinecure, find it devoid of self satisfaction which a 40 minute of classroom interaction could always produce. So it was a much needed deja vu of old charms to all of us.
            I regard my 4 year teaching experience at D.A.V.Bilaspur as the golden period of my life. Becoming a class teacher of 11"C"; commerce stream was a culmination ; just before my departure from there. I still recall each and every one of them with tenderest fondness. Their mischiefs always matched their skills : a strong cocktail of youthful exuberence and childlike pranks. Totally unaffected by the damning indictment by the faculty ; the corridors of D.A.V. were always bustling with these teenage pranksters. Being their language teacher I don't know how far I succeeded in whetting their appetite in communication skills; but it struck a chord , and struck on both the sides. The obvious outcome is my still being here with them ; sharing their PJs as a friend.
          Youthful misdemeanours of DAV days still seem to serve  as a meme to the present group. And that's the spirit..........Let yourselves go guys !!!!!!!!

                                                   Rajesh Pandey

7 comments:

  1. Such lovely days of our lives.......... Thanks for reminding Sir.......!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U have been the most popular teacher Sir! I think u have been d only one who was equally respected by every student else every teacher was given a nick name n was disliked by one or many students... u have always been my inspiration n one of d most special persons in my life..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your note made me emotional !! What a post !! The memories are truly cherished memories.

    The times were truly fun and memorable. I used to be hated by my class mates - when I used to get some "pat on back" for being better in your class whilst all of them being punished to stand / kneel out of the class room :)

    I still remember the times when you said " you used to begin your NY or Birthday by reading a book" !!

    Great feeling that we shared 2 out of your 4 years of DAV life...!

    Who would have imagined an English teacher would become a Police officer :) - feels like a reel story than real life story...

    On a lighter note :

    You introduced a word " bouzuah" - I am sure I did not spell it right - but that kind of became your nick name among us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your note made me emotional !! What a post !! The memories are truly cherished memories.

      The times were truly fun and memorable. I used to be hated by my class mates - when I used to get some "pat on back" for being better in your class whilst all of them being punished to stand / kneel out of the class room :)

      I still remember the times when you said " you used to begin your NY or Birthday by reading a book" !!

      Great feeling that we shared 2 out of your 4 years of DAV life...!

      Who would have imagined an English teacher would become a Police officer :) - feels like a reel story than real life story...

      On a lighter note :

      You introduced a word " bouzuah" - I am sure I did not spell it right - but that kind of became your nick name among us. :)

      - Ravi

      Delete
  4. Ohhhhhh....so nice of u ....bourgeois and rendezvous were d words most of u erred to pronounce but never failed to recall it . Thnx !!

    ReplyDelete